Life is a sweetly layered cake.

Earn Money by Clicking

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Clipper Cuts haven't Looked this Great!


I was never fussy about my hairstyle when I was in college. Mine was just plain trimmed everytime it grows disheveled. I trust my barber and his clipper cutting techniques. I might not have had ‘style’ before, but neither was my non-style bad, thanks to my barber. When I stayed in Korea, I felt a bit apprehensive to sit on a barber shop chair. I was afraid that the barber might ruin my status-quo hairdo. But yeah, I don’t have any other choice, do I? So before my hair gets mistaken for an avian nest, I went to the barber shop near my dormitory. I didn’t expect that the barber would still perform clipper cutting as my friend told me that Koreans use different hair cutting tools. There are, as it turned out, two kinds of barber shops in Korea: for Ajjoshis (middle-aged men) and for the trendier generation; I’m on the crossroads. But I really think that the ajjoshi barber didn’t massacre my hair. In fact, I liked it. There was style; my hair looks like it was crafted by something else. I also learned that in Korea you can’t just open up your own salon without studying the art of hair cutting, or at least having undergone training through clipper cutting videos or taking short courses on hair cutting. You could actually study clipper-cutting at home!

No comments: