Life is a sweetly layered cake.

Earn Money by Clicking

Monday, September 29, 2008

On Strawberries and Homosexuality

-log file from a chat with a friend (permission was secured before posting this)-

Friend: Well, I really hate gays...I don't say this to them but I feel icky yucky when they're around...especially the loud ones.

Me: I don't like the loud species either. But you know, I have a number of decent gay friends when I was in college. Some are even close to geniuses.

Friend: I'm not sure...But I guess they could choose not to act like one...I don't like the idea of men hugging men. hahaha.

Me: Then, we're on the same page, Friend. But I'm more liberal when it comes to homosexuality. Let me tell you something (and yes, I was able to come up instantly with these acronyms):

You only like Strawberries. You despise Durian fruit. One day, the MUSTD (Morally Upright Society of the Tyrannically Dominant, in collaboration with the OUGHTS and SHOULDS) promulgated a unanimous law:
"People who eat Strawberries are rabid monkeys! They should undergo treatment from the LAW (Living Amnesty Ward). They would be given Durian puree 3x a day and will be asked to consume Durian candy for as long as thee Rabidness lives."
They fought this through under the assumption that gays could actually choose not to actualize their attitudes into behavior.

Could be. But if I were gay, a gay Christian at that, then I would rather choose to be celibate. I'd rather choose not to eat Strawberries. But no one could ever force me to eat Durian! I just can't buy the idea that behavioral therapy could "cure" homosexual attitudes. It's heavy enough a burden for a celibate rabid monkey not to eat strawberries. Would God grant him entrance to heaven if he dies a virgin? I don't know. Is it unfair that, of all the addictions, homosexuality was the one that dawned upon his consciousness? I don't know. But one thing I'm certain about: the monkey won't eat Durian. Will he be sad? YES!

Friend: I'm following you. But heck! Maaano naman to ng science. Antayin na lang natin (Let's wait for Science to shed light on this issue).

Me: Sana nga kaya (I hope Science could).

Change topic:

Friend: I heard you're buying a new laptop.
----
cut. ^^

No comments: