Life is a sweetly layered cake.

Earn Money by Clicking

Friday, October 24, 2008

3.1416

The Life of Pi. My friend had me to guess what the title means. I told her that it's about infinity, the vastness of life: religion, family, unfathomable love and bottomless despair, boundless horizon of hope and the end of things that is death. I haven't gone far yet in the book but I it was really a pleasure to read. I cannot retell the story here not because I don't want to give out spoilers, but the way it was written prevents the story per se from being retold. You have no other choice but to get a copy and read through the unlimitedly meaningful digits of π.

1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

I read this book because there was so much discussion about it on Shelfari. This book is so strange. It is defintely worth reading just because it's so different than other novels. It really got me thinking, trying to figure it out when I was done. My husband did not like it at all and quit part way through, but it's one that really sticks in your mind, that's for sure!