Life is a sweetly layered cake.

Earn Money by Clicking

Monday, October 20, 2008

Five Senses in Business

Economics now appeal to the senses. When I was in Korea, I noticed how fine dining restaurants, ice cream parlors, coffee lounges, and pubs battle each other not with their products but with ambiance. The place with the best atmosphere gets more customer visits. The place with the most innovative and creative pub tables gets to be more crowded. In other words, ambiance sells. I went restaurant hopping in Korea just to gather as many visual imagery as I can about how they make their interior exquisitely pleasing, relaxing, and worth going back to. I paid attention to all the details: the color, the arrangements of tables, bar stools, plant boxes, overhead lamps, ceiling fans, lighting, background music, etc. The element that is constantly present in pleasant restaurants is the furniture. I think one has to really invest in vanity furniture and facilities if one wants to create a top-notch ambiance for customers. My mom and Dad are planning to open a restaurant. I’ve already told them about the importance of ambience but my dad is a bit recalcitrant about building just a simple, if not, traditional restaurant. The oldies are not quite into interior beautification; they are more into substance and content rather than the “exterior”. Dad reasons that if the food we offer is sumptuous enough, it’ll make people coming back to the restaurant. That’s not the case these days. Things have changed and people spend on less tangible things like ambiance and status symbols like a cup of Starbucks. Yeah, I have to convince him to invest more for the interior decoration. I would surely recommend premiere barstools to my dad. That website offers a wide variety of counter stools, kitchen bar stools, extra tall stools, outdoor stools and tables, items from clearance sales, pub tables and sets, and many more. These things would surely bring the imagery I have in mind into reality—in our own family restaurant. The website boasts a very neat homepage layout where you could easily browse for the things you need without any hassle. You’ll find in the homepage featured barstools like beech wood counter stool and cross back wooden seat bar stool. It also shows specials that are sold for a very affordable price. What I like about the site is that it gives a full and detailed description of the products it sells. The pictures are taken in high resolution so you could see how high-grade the stools are. I am pretty sure that investments in these things will just yield healthier revenues that if we settle for the old, humdrum restaurant setup.

No comments: